Blake checked in the new Find Toolbar on the aviary branch (aviary branch builds). To open the Find toolbar, press Ctrl+F. Typing text into the Find toolbar automatically selects the first result as you type (in green), and it has an option to highlight all instances (in yellow). The Find Toolbar replaces the Find dialog (previously Ctrl+F), the old "Find as you type" feature, and the "Find in this page" option in the search bar.
- Ctrl+F or / opens the toolbar.
- Esc closes the toolbar.
- Enter finds the next match. (Also F3, Ctrl+G.)
- Shift+Enter finds the previous match. (Also Shift+F3, Ctrl+Shift+G.)
There is also a "links-only" mode, which is intended to make it possible to follow links using only the keyboard:
- ' (single-quote) opens the toolbar in links-only mode.
- In links-only mode, Enter follows the found link because the link has focus.
<luser> so much for 0.9 being feature complete ;-)
<blake> typeaheadfind is too cool of a feature to hide it for 1.0
<luser> i'd just hate to see 1.0 get rushed without proper testing
<blake> we'll do 1.0 right
Blake's checkin comment:
Find Toolbar landing. This is a work in progress but I want to get testing going. Known bugs: not currently working properly with text in textboxes, and highlight erases find selection.