Pornzilla: Porn surfing redefined
Pornzilla is a collection of tools for surfing porn with Firefox. These bookmarklets and extensions make it easier to find and view porn, letting you spend more time looking at smut you like.
(Not using Firefox? Read why Firefox is the best porn browser and then download Firefox. Firefox, like everything else on this page, is free.)
Drag these bookmarklets to your bookmarks toolbar, then click them to use them.
Of the thousands of Firefox extensions, several are particularly useful for porn surfing:
- Thumbs - Shows the first thumbnail from each linked gallery, letting you skip galleries that don't look interesting.
- Linky - Open all links in tabs, etc.
- firefusk - View all images from galleries with numerically named image files.
- URL Flipper - Select a portion of a URL that varies, then navigate up or down.
- Browse Images - Use the Forward button or Alt+Shift+Right to go to the next image.
- refspoof - Modify your HTTP Referer to gain access to sites that use insecure login mechanisms.
- TinEye Reverse Image Search - Find additional sites containing an image, or find higher-resolution versions.
- Downloading and saving
- DownThemAll - Download all the links to images/movies on a page at once.
- FlashGot - Download all the links on a page at once using an external download manager.
- Download Sort - Save files to folders based on extension or download date.
- Bazzacuda Image Saver Plus - Batch saving of images opened in tabs.
- Launchy - Open links to video files in an external player, streaming, so you can watch a video without waiting to download it. (Note that not all video players support streaming video; for example, WinAmp 5.111 hangs. VLC works well. Here's my launchy.xml for VLC.)
- MediaPlayerConnectivity - Open embedded video in an external player, so you can use features like Full Screen.
- UnPlug - Download embedded videos.
- Video DownloadHelper - Download embedded videos.
Extensions for older versions of Firefox are listed on their own page.
- Options > Content > Advanced lets you control what web page scripts are allowed to do. Disallow them from resizing windows, raising windows, and disabling context menus.
- Uncheck "Show the Downloads window when download a file" in Options > Main. This way, the Downloads window won't pop up every time you save an image (bug 229547?).
In addition to making and promoting bookmarklets and extensions, the members of the Pornzilla project contribute to Mozilla and Firefox directly. We also maintain a list of bugs that impact porn surfing and a list of porn sites that promote Firefox or Pornzilla.
These tools have mostly been tested on free TGPs and public image galleries. More recently, myfreepaysite.com has made it possible to test (and use ;) Pornzilla tools on a wide variety of members-only sites.