What's new in Firefox 1.5 RC1
This page lists the improvements in Firefox 1.5 Release Candidate 1 over Firefox 1.5 Beta 2. Last updated October 27, 2005.
New browser features
- 313529 - Support importing home pages from (some) other browsers and multiple versions of Firefox Start.
- 220590 - [Mac] Delete (backspace) key should go back on Mac, too.
New web developer features
- 302188 - Support :-moz-read-only and :-moz-read-write pseudoclasses.
- 230909 - Make the dom.max_script_run_time pref work. (This pref controls the "this script is running slowly" dialog.)
New extension developer features
Nothing new since Firefox 1.5 Beta 2.
Notable bug fixes
- 313300 - Change default for browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction from 0 to 2. (Make "Force links that open new windows to open in... new tabs" not apply to window.open with specified width, height, or other features.)
- 312527 - Need to reduce padding for bookmark menu items.
- 245418 - Menus and contextual menus open on wrong screen when using dual screens.
- 312227 - Not able to type in textbox of the main window after download completes.
- 309027 - Saving image does not open the save location window sometimes.
- Many reliability fixes for software update.
- 284474 - Converting to UTF-8 a url with an unescaped non-ASCII chars in the query part leads to an incompaitbilty with most server-side programs. (Fixed by backing out the change for 261929, Send urls in UTF-8 by default (images/links with non-ASCII chacters not displayed).)
- 245392 - Installer options for shortcuts don't work (update/install adds unwanted icons to desktop/quick launch, creates empty folder in start menu).
- 282750 - Extremely slow scrolling of ESPN.com.
- 310825 - window.focus() in a background tab can steal focus from foreground tab.