What's new in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2
This page lists the improvements in Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 over Firefox 1.5 Beta 1. Last updated October 7, 2005.
New browser features
- 235204 - Web Search (Ctrl+K, etc) should show a search dialog when search bar is disabled.
- 296827 - Dragging text into the Find text box does not enable search buttons or initiate search.
- 309860 - Dragging a URL to the tab strip should respect the Shift key (use Shift to control whether the new tab is selected immediately).
- 303279 - Safe Mode: Use "safe" localstore.
- 304403 - Safe Mode: Better UE.
- 283598 - [Mac] New .dmg artwork with diagrammatic instructions.
New web developer features
- 302462 - Support :valid, :invalid, :out-of-range, and :in-range pseudo-classes.
- 84400 - Support :disabled and :enabled pseudo-classes.
New extension developer features
- 303727 - Supply a supported way to access the nsIEditor of HTML input/textarea.
- 310976 - Treat 1.5.* as 1.5.infinity.
- 306478 - Extension manager should use xpinstall crypto hashes.
Notable bug fixes
- Fixes for several security holes.
- Fixes for several software-update bugs, including several that prevented updates from working.
- 279497 - Selected profile in profile manager does not always appear focused/highlighted.
- 300453 - 'Disable common annoyances' prevents focusing of designmode iframes. (Disallowing scripts from raising and lowering windows also prevents them from focusing frames. Also, sites like Gmail that focus iframes also focus the window even though they're not trying to.)
- 295074 - POST responses remain in the memory cache when using XMLHttpRequest.
- 290381 - "Save Link As..." doubles the extension if the link contains an escaped hash/pound (#) sign encoded as %23.
- 267422 - Print Preview window is partly overlayed by background and is missing scrollbars.
- 305032 - Edit commands not available to subsequent instances on startup (cut, copy, paste, select all).
- 310458 - Edit commands not available to extensions window (cut, copy, paste, select all, arrow keys navigation).
- Back/Forward cache (fastback)
- 305462 - "Clear Cache Now" doesn't clear bfcache.
- 292965 - Improve eviction algorithm for bfcache.
- Windows-specific bugs
- 310957 - Switch Win32 SVG renderer from GDI+ to cairo. (This improves cross-platform consistency of SVG rendering and eliminates the requirement for Windows 98 users to download gdiplus.dll before they can see SVG content.)
- Mac-specific bugs
- 171680 - [Mac] Modifier keys have no effect on mouse wheel.
- 309730 - [Mac] Tweak wheel+modifiers preferences on OS X.
- 255415 - [Mac] Scroll wheel doesn't work after selecting bookmark from toolbar until you move mouse.
- 307340 - [Mac] Disable "Full Screen" UI for 1.5.
- 266769 - [Mac] Parent window isn't movable / draggable when sheet is open.
- 228804 - [Mac] MathML rendering is worse on Mac OS X after adding Mathematica fonts in 1.3b and later.
- Linux-specific bugs
- 287523 - [GTK] Insensitive (disabled) check/radio buttons can't be distinguished in some GTK themes.