What's new in Firefox 220.127.116.11
Firefox 18.104.22.168 is a stability-and-security update, released 2006-04-13. It also includes a number of low-risk fixes for other types of bugs.
This page was last updated 2006-04-13, several hours after Firefox 22.214.171.124 was released.
New browser features
- [Mac] Firefox 126.96.36.199 is a universal binary.
- Note: If you use the automatic update tool in Firefox 188.8.131.52, you'll be updated to a PPC-only build of Firefox 184.108.40.206.
- Note: There is no Talkback on Intel-based Macs when running natively or under Rosetta.
- 286557 - Need an easy way to skip/disable/turn off the Import Wizard (profile migration) on first startup (when no profile exists).
- 320504 - Prompt users to submit feedback when uninstalling Firefox.
- 320192 - Better way for users/testers to detect and isolate leaks of large object graphs (more info).
New web developer features
New extension developer features
Notable bug fixes
- 325561 - Partial update fails if search plugin to be patched is missing.
- 307558 - Customized toolbars are reset to default after search plugin update check.
- 306426 - Certain submenus blink (flash, flicker) rapidly and do not expand when highlighted (hovered over).
- 303713 - textbox.dispatchEvent(keyEvent) no longer adds character to textbox in Firefox 1.0.6.
- 318419 - window.setTimeout() goes crazy periodically - functions are immediately called repeatedly.
- 319463 - display:none iframe pointing to a xul document stops main document from finishing to load.
- 137155 - POST request sent as two small packets (IIS 5 sometimes chokes).
- Several security holes, the most serious of which could lead to remote code execution. (Information about most of the security holes was announced within hours of the release, but information about several is being held until the Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 release next week.)
- 315286 (topcrash #36) - Crash [ @ nsGlobalWindow::RunTimeout ].
- 265740 (topcrash #48) - Browser crashes sometimes when loading Gmail and loading another tab.
- 322683 - Yahoo Mail Beta related crash.
- Memory leaks
- 321283 - Using Find causes documents to leak.
- 323532 - Leak when using history autocomplete.
- 323377 - Lots of leaks in nsInternetSearchService.
- Windows-specific bugs
- 317420 - [Windows] Crash when trying to print certain pages with absolutely positioned images.
- Mac-specific bugs
- 264787 - [Mac] Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab Next/Previous Tab Keyboard Shortcuts no longer work (worked in Firefox 1.0.x).
- 309344 - [Mac] Scrollwheel doesn't work when an java applet is displayed.
- 318283 - [Mac 10.2] Hangs on data entry when autofill popup menu should shrink.