What's new in Firefox 184.108.40.206
Firefox 220.127.116.11 was a stability-and-security update to Firefox 1.5, released 2006-02-01. It also includes a number of low-risk fixes for other types of bugs.
This page was last updated 2006-02-02 (added links to security advisories for previous versions).
New browser features
New web developer features
- International Domain Name support for Iceland (.is) is now enabled.
New extension developer features
Notable bug fixes
- 312415 - Selected images (from a selection of the document to print) are black.
- 105894 - Clicking a partially off-screen link shouldn't scroll the page.
- 299343 - Can't copy and paste into the beginning of a line (Midas/designMode).
- 314222 - If link target URL has non-ASCII char that is not encoded by UTF-8, the default file name is always escaped at "Save Link As...".
- 312550 - Incorrect wrapping in RTL textarea with horizontal scrollbar.
- 311480 - "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem." (This bug is responsible for the release note: "If Firefox 1.5 is installed on a multi-user system in a location which is not writable by users, Firefox must be run once by a privileged user. If this is not desirable, an empty file must be created in the following directory: <install-directory>/email@example.com/chrome.manifest")
- 296907 - <canvas> fill/stroke shouldn't destroy path.
- 301678 - XML object parsed from string from flash throws permission denied error when accessed.
- 309044 - Flash Player 8 "Bad NPObject as private data!".
- 319391 - "eval('...') = ..." gives "invalid assignment lefthand side" as a compile-time error instead of as a runtime error (regression).
- 318489 - Unable to create new XMLHttpRequests and DOMParsers from an XPCNativeWrapped window (e.g. in a Greasemonkey script).
- 315434 - Security error with remote <xul:tabbox>: can't switch tabs if chrome has focus.
- 319357 (topcrash #5) - Crash in browser when attempting to print a text selection [@ nsImageWin::DrawTile].
- 320488 (topcrash #42) - Crash [@ nsSHistory::EvictWindowContentViewers].
- 306067 (topcrash #49) - Crash involving autocomplete.
- 315509 - Crash: array_unshift doesn't handle holes properly [@ js_DeleteProperty - array_unshift].
- 316821 - Crash with moz-border-radius and small font-size.
- 318922 - E4X: invalid syntax to use a memory variable crashes Firefox.
- Memory leaks
- 316775 - Leak when selecting.
- 317478 - Leaks due to global scope polluter being removed from not enough (?) prototype chains. (Large leak on any page that relies on seeing element IDs in the global scope.)
- Mac-specific bugs
- 313988 - [Mac OS X 10.3] Positioned select drop-down doesn't work.
- 298502 - [Mac OS X 10.2] Empty pulldown menu and Firefox hangs. (This bug was the reason the "system requirements" page for Firefox 1.5 said it required Mac OS X 10.3.)
- Linux-specific bugs
- 305970 - [Linux] Certain UI operations (opening dialogs, drag and drop) cause refresh, prolonged hang (with new versions of GTK).
- Solaris-specific bugs
- 312154 - [Solaris] Start script does not take care of running instance.