What's new in Firefox Preview Release 0.10
- 250231 - Find toolbar.
- 244078 - Live Bookmarks (RSS feed integration)*.
- New keyboard shortcuts
- 213377 - Pressing Esc now stops image animations.
- 246719 - Link modifiers now work in many places in the browser UI. For example, Ctrl+clicking the Home button opens your home page in a new tab.
- 208035 - [Linux] Pressing Backspace key now goes back.
- 225944, 247960 - Add folder pane to
Bookmark Manager (screenshot)*.
- 211023 - "Sort by name" on context menus for bookmarks folders.
- 239241 - Add password manager mode to display saved passwords.
- 218694 - Implement master password UI.
- 217664 - Ability to use same proxy for all protocols.
- 166395 - Need ability to override navigator.appName and navigator.appVersion from prefs.js.
- 173569 - Clicking in focused textbox should open autocomplete results.
* Neil Turner: More on new Firefox features describes these new features in more depth.
- 174265, 173762, 228862 - Favicons for bookmarks often wrong and forgotten after shutdown.
- Firefox update and Extension update improvements
- Firefox now checks for updates every 24 hours. (Firefox still only checks for extension updates every 7 days.)
- Allow extension authors to remotely bump maxVersion for a given
extension version to prevent users from having to redownload an
identical new version when they upgrade Firefox where the only change
is a newer maxVersion.
- Pop-up blocking improvements
- 176564 - Can now open blocked popups.
- Yellow information bar for blocked pop-ups in addition to status bar icon*. This information bar can be disabled.
- Security improvements
- 241705 - If a site not in your whitelist attempts to install software, a yellow information bar now appears instead of a dialog*. This prevents malicious sites from repeatedly popping up a software installation dialog until you accept. The initial whitelist contains only update.mozilla.org.
- 22183 - Make the status bar visible in all pop-up windows to prevent spoofing. (See also 252811, 259192, and why this isn't sufficient to prevent spoofing.)
- 245406 - Display domain in status bar for secure sites.
- 244025 - For secure sites, show lock icon in address bar (in addition to showing it in the status bar) and make address bar yellow*.
- 157354 - Hide user:pass in the address bar. (Usernames and passwords in URLs come before the hostname, which is confusing and has been used in widespread phishing/spoofing attacks.)
- Alternate stylesheet support improvements
- The status bar icon now only appears when the page actually has alternate stylesheets.
- 216424 - You can now select alternate stylesheets using the keyboard (View > Page Style).
- 253332 - The Page Style menu (but not the status bar menu) has a "No Style" option that removes all styles, including ones from style attributes and other HTML attributes.
- 253046 - New missing plugin finder (screenshots).
- The "Web Features" options panel has been reorganized.
- 232089 - The "Add bookmarks" dialog should not default to the last folder you added a bookmark to.
- 242586 - Add Amazon, Dictionary.com, eBay, and Yahoo to the search bar (in addition to Google). You can still add engines from Mycroft.
- 237727 - When installing on top of an existing Firefox installation, the installer now deletes old files program files without nuking the entire directory from orbit.
- [Linux] Better Start Script for Firefox - When invoking Firefox with
an instance already running, pass a URL to the running instance (if one
was given) or tell the running instance to open a new window.
- 257405 - [Linux] Use GTK2 native keybindings for input and textarea. This means Firefox no longer uses Emacs keybindings in text fields unless you enable Emacs keybindings in GTK.
New web developer features
- 248549 - In quirks mode, add undetected document.all support.
- 256932 - In quirks mode, expose elements by their name/id in the global scope.
- 28998 - Proxy: Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol (WPAD).
- 250666 - Implement the npruntime plugin scriptability API.
- 237586 - SPNEGO+NTLM support (implement negotiateauth using SSPI for Windows).
- 231529 - Optionally enable unprompted NTLM authentication.
Notable bug fixes
- 229100 - Shift+Tab is broken in the search bar.
- 232770 - Ctrl+Tab to switch tabs should work even when the address bar has focus.
- 246078 - URLs from other apps result in two Firefox windows or a window and an error dialog.
- 101190 - Firefox incorrectly blocks requested popups while the page is loading.
- 231393 - Tab URL does not persist on bad links if tabs switched.
- 213186 - Change "Cookies are delicious delicacies." to something more informative.
- 217120 - Back button does not restore scroll position on eBay.
- 201040 - Unable to view page source of the page that uses IDN.
- 125276 - Printing causes squished images on second page; replicates images on first page.
- 192577 - [Windows] URL bar drop-down does not collapse on second click on down-arrow.
- 248423 - [Windows] Make config.trim_on_minimize work again.
- 229062 - [Windows] Clicking link in Download Notification does not show Download Manager.
- 228977 - [Windows] Firefox gets wrong desktop folder for downloading.
- 239358 - [Linux] Reverse DNS lookups are degrading performance on Fedora Core 2.
Security hole fixes
- Fixes for several holes, the most severe of which allowed web pages to execute arbitrary code.