Update: Firefox 0.8 (note the new name) was released on Feb 9.
Here's some of what's new:
- Windows installer
- New download manager
- Work Offline
- Add Bookmark dialog: recent-folders dropdown and folder-selection tree (replacing a single dropdown listing all folders)
- DOM Inspector is now included in zip builds
- IDN support
- IPv6 support on Windows 2000/XP/2003
- 220807 - prompt user about invalid text/plain content. (Solves most problems like "Firebird tries to display some .rar files instead of downloading them.")
- 214266 - Find should wrap by default
- 217286 - Cookie whitelist should override session cookie option.
- 142459(?) - Shift+click and middle-click on scroll bar should jump to that location
- 214260 - XPInstall UI improvements
- 33282 - enable external scheme handlers (like aim: and telnet:) in Linux
- 6% faster page loading (comparing December to September on a Tp (pageloader time) graph)
Important bug fixes
- 210910 - Right-clicking a file within a bookmarks folder in the bookmarks menu or toolbar makes that folder inaccessible.
- 203102 - URL typed into address bar lost after switching tabs; "Open in new tab" should prefill URI in address bar.
- 222157 - View Source: Find and Save don't work.
- 213250 - Autoscroll prevents middle clicking on links in XML (XHTML) documents.
- 224416 - Tabs don't remember focused element.
- 216170 - Send Page (as Link) omits query string
- 98564 - caret overlaps the last character in textfield (if positioned after the last char).
- 212366 - Make -moz-opacity apply to descendants as a group, as required by CSS3 opacity
- 219705 - Linux: Blackdown Java crashes, saying "Internal error on browser end".
- 102578 - Linux: Clicking wrongfully fires onmouseout (breaks some dhtml menus, css/edge menus)
- 201209 - GTK2: -moz-opacity makes things invisible.